Warn cricket Life will over after IPL 4

After the Indian Premier League (IPL) season Shane Warne will quit his professional cricket.

"Yes this is my last year playing IPL," Warne posted on his Twitter account on Friday.

"I will miss the IPL but it's been fun for the last 4 seasons... I've had a great time -- but it's time to say goodbye to IPL.

"Thanks for kind words re my bowling - but it's 100 percent my last four games of professional cricket unless we make finals," the 41-year old added.


"I have always tried to be entertaining on the field -- cricket to me has never been a job it's been my hobby," he said.

"Thanks for all the support you have given me and RR - hope to see you down at the ground. I am going to enjoy my last 4 games - win please.

"We have a spirit in the squad similar to IPL 1 -- it would be great to leave on a high -- I'm proud of the way we have developed young players."